Bernie & Milly's...

...Big Move!

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Days 10, 11, 12, 13 & 14 (of 30)

Yeah, okay, so I've not exactly been keeping up!

Let's see, some highlights:

DAY 10: Saturday. Work; not much got done in the way of apartment stuff.

DAY 11: Sunday. We went to Target and bought ourselves a kitchen table with two chairs. They're a light wood color that matches the hardwood flooring of the apartment (except the kitchen is bluish-gray tiles), and the table is round but with two sections which drop down, so it takes up less room and fits against the kitchen window, but could also be transformed to accommodate guests, board-games, or very large plates. Then we built the table. Our first piece of furniture in the apartment!

Also went to the Grove to have a copy of the apartment keys made for me. Mine are green. Whoopee! I got keys!

Yes, Day 11 was a productive one.

DAY 12, 13: Monday, Tuesday. Had both of these days off from work, but there is less progress to report than you might think. I mostly feel as though I spent those two days making a big mess, which I then had to scramble around and clean up in order to prepare for my brief work-week ahead, and so that I'd have a bed I could actually sleep on, rather than a bed that was hosting a lot of half-filled boxes.

DAY 14: Wednesday. One of the two days of work I have this week. I spent the evening trying hard to purge a significant amount of clothing from my closet and drawers. These efforts have met with marginal success, at best. I am such a pack-rat and a clothes-horse all at once. I'm addicted to T-shirts, it turns out. I don't know why. I got rid of four hats far easier than I could decided to part with a single T-shirt. I'm finding that I buy T-shirts in order to commemorate something (my Ashland T-shirt, my Whistler T-shirt) or to express some facet of my personality (my Underdog T-shirt, my John Coltrane T-shirt). Getting rid of any is like trying to determine what photographs you could shred. Plus, they're comfy. However, I do have two pillars of clothes that I have marked for Good Will, so the evening has not been entirely in vain.

I'm keenly aware that I'm talking at great lengths about the color of my keys and my T-shirt psychosis. God bless those of you who are actually reading this drivel. I can't promise it will ever get more interesting, but I can assure you I'm hoping as ardently as you are that it will...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


power wheelchairs