Days 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 & 24
Yeah, yeah, I know. But this time you can't blame me for the giant lapse in blogging. My laptop pulled a Humpty-Dumpty on me, and I had to take it to the King's horses and the King's men and have them put it back together again. (No, it didn't physically break into a million pieces, it only broke internally; and yes, this time the King's horses and the King's men were able to put Humpty back together again.)
And no, I'm not going to give you a detailed account of ten days in this blog entry. I'm a boring writer, sure, but I'm not insane.
So, here it is in a nutshell:
The computer went kaput; I took the computer into the shop; Milly bought a new desk from Target, one which would take up less room and is very nice-looking; Bernie built said desk while Milly cleaned the new apartment; Bernie and Milly had roughly a week off from work, which would ordinarily make them groan in dismay, but actually happened to nicely coincide this time with their need to do some serious packing up in their respective apartments (their respective bank accounts still groaned); Bernie was forced to labor in his apartment for three or four days without the benefit of his iTunes or the ability to play episodes of his beloved "Office" or "Arrested Development," as his computer had gone by-by; Bernie discovers he would not take to solitary confinement very well, nor would he gracefully handle being on a desert island -- a volleyball with a handprint for a face would not be enough to keep him from going insane; Thursday (DAY 22?) Bernie makes a couple of runs between K-town and the Miracle Mile, his little blue Saturn weighed down with lamps, pillows, posters, pieces of furniture, drawers full of clothes, etc., etc. It's a big push, to be sure, but not big enough, and there's still quite a lot to be gotten out.
But Bernie's friend, R, is coming to the rescue tomorrow, sacrificing his Super Bowl Sunday to lend his arm-power and horse-power (he has a pickup truck!) to the cause. Thankfully, it's not supposed to rain, and is supposed to actually be a lovely, 80-degree day (which might be worse, in the long run), so we're hopeful we can get all of the heavy and bulky furniture-like and microwave-like things out of the apartment!
Stay tuned... I'll try to keep this thing updated in more discreet chunks.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home